Saturday, February 3, 2018

No More

It's February finally, and that usually means a Valentine post or two, depending on what I can find in my own personal collection. This vintage Valentine for example with moving, die cut eyes, has been sitting on my desk for a few months now, and yes, while it's incredibly offensive, at the same time it's super cute in that superbly painted, mid century style that I love so much --umm, the "chink-think" sentiment now, I can NOT say that I love even in the slightest bit. I'm assuming this card implies that if you're getting your clothes cleaned at a Chinese laundry, then possibly finding a loved one instead who will scrub-a-dub your dirty racist underpants will in the end benefit you both financially as well as in your love life. *sigh* I post this card anyway and leave the comments to you guys on whether or not you feel like talking about racial stereotypes or whatever. I'll hopefully have a few more of these (with more tasteful and improved rhymes) throughout the entire month.



ACTION CARD: Pull down on the lace part at the bottom to reveal "To My Valentine", and in doing so, her eyes and the heart behind her head shifts from left to right, and vice versa, visible movement through the die cut eye holes.



Personally, I like to eliminate all Valentines sentiments, and have her pupils not line up at all through the eye holes so that she looks either demonically possessed, or like Ultraman's daughter.

4 comments:

JMR777 said...

From John Cleese-

..."And a fellow who I helped write two books about psychology and psychiatry...Robin Skynner said..."If people can't control their own emotions, then they have to start trying to control other people's behavior." And when you're around super-sensitive people, you cannot relax and be spontaneous because you have no idea what's going to upset them next.

source...https://fee.org/articles/monty-pythons-john-cleese-on-offense-criticism-and-comedy/


...................
If super-sensitive people can't realize this is how people used to think, they Don't think this way now, then it is the super-sensitive people who need to learn to control their emotions, otherwise they will be at the mercy of trolls who will push their super sensitive buttons until they can't even function in real life.

A nice card all the same, Karswell, and if I may humbly suggest, ignore the super-sensitive people and trolls, neither are worth time or energy. As Judge Rinder has often said to rude litigants "I've been called far worse by far better." The ultimate British put down to inferior folk.

Keep up the great work!

Mr. Cavin said...

Wow, even the card is rolling its eyes at the racism. The art is pretty cute though.

Mestiere said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Craftypants Carol said...

I ain't doing nobodies laundry