Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Tickle Title (Wally Wood)

Tickle Title was just one of the many zany sections featured in Puzzle Fun (Pocket Books, 1963) "a delightful collection of original word games" by puzzle-maker Martin Dell, the "originator of Jumble, that scramble word game." The games are fun and the answers are funny, but of special note is the gallery of amazing artists chosen to illustrate this 144 page paperback-- Wally Wood, Mort Drucker, Vic Martin, (even Dell himself.) If you're interested in seeing more let us know! Apologies in advance for the quality of my scans, it's an old book...







8 comments:

Mr. Cavin said...

First off, welcome back. Second, these are great. I love mom's polka stars dress in the last one. I liked doing the puzzles, too.

I'd be willing to look at every page of this you'd be willing to scan.

Mr. Karswell said...

I'll definitely scan a few more sections of this book for the next post... thanks for lookin Mr. C (I sometimes suspect I keep this blog going mainly just for you and maybe 2 or 3 others!)

Mr. Cavin said...

Well we certainly appreciate it. Thanks again!

Unknown said...

My fav are those monsters. Fun characters!
Welcome back and thanks for the post.

Mr. Karswell said...

Thanks again! I'm editing the Mort Drucker section right now, hopefully have it up tomorrow...

Mr. Karswell said...

Thanks for the comment, Carol! For some reason your comment only just now appeared even though you commented before Mr. C!!??

Crafty C said...

maybe it was feeling shy.

i really dig your blog btw. i guess i'm not one of the 2 or 3 - but one of the skulky lurkers.

thanks for all the cool scans!

Mr. Karswell said...

Carol: glad you're digging AEET, and I know you've been lurkin around here for awhile, it's very much appreciated when you comment. I love hearing from the girls as much as the boys (I actually try to post a mix of stuff that appeals to BOTH sexes) so hopefully I'm keeping things around here interesting for everyone.

Thanks again!